West Michigan Community Bank
Values & Principles
- We commit to providing customers an exceptional experience, serving them with excellent products and services that exceed their expectations and provide value to the relationship.
- We commit to actively listening to customers’ needs and keeping their best interests in mind as we serve them.
- We commit to honesty, integrity, and transparency in all our interactions.
- We commit to a genuine respect for each individual and confidentiality in all our dealings.
- We commit to teamwork, helping each other meet our goals and celebrating other’s success.
- We commit to honesty, fairness, and respect; always keeping our fellow employees’ interest in mind.
- We commit to challenging each other to do our best, accepting criticism and direction with a positive attitude toward improvement.
- We commit to providing education, training, and opportunity for all of our team members so they may advance both personally and professionally.
- We commit to a diverse workforce, which reflects the communities we serve.
- We commit our time, talents, and resources to make our community a better place to live.
- We commit to maintaining our facilities as a community asset.
- We commit to financial support to meet the social, artistic, and physical health of our local area.
- We commit to being an economic asset, serving our customers and communities to the best of our abilities and resources.
- We commit to meeting the bank’s financial and operating goals, to generate increasing value for our shareholders.
- We commit to representing our ownership group in the most professional, positive, and ethical way as we interact with customers, our community and each other.
- We commit to financial integrity and strength, supporting the capital needs of a successful and growing organization.
- We commit to superior risk management, protecting the investment in our banking franchise.
Derek Aten Vice President
Derek Aten, Comerica Bank Vice President, a graduate of Central Michigan University (B.S.B.A.) and Grand Valley State University (M.B.A.), joined Comerica in 2011 and has been in banking for over 15 years. He serves in Comerica’s Business Banking Group in Grand Rapids, working with companies that operate in a diverse range of industries.
Derek currently serves as President for the Rotary Club of Grand Rapids and is its second-youngest President in the Club’s 103 year history. He has served on numerous committees and for five years chaired its STRIVE Program, which provides mentoring and scholarship opportunities for at-risk high school students. Derek has also been involved with The First Tee of West Michigan, which teaches inner-city youth the game of golf and core life values such as sportsmanship and honesty. He served on the organization’s original Board of Directors.
Born and raised in Grand Rapids, Derek enjoys the company of family and friends, coaching youth sports, golfing, traveling and cheering on the MSU Spartans. He and his wife of 14 years, Jennifer, reside in Grandville with their children, Elyssa and Dylan.