11.9.17 – SPOKES Notes
SPOKES Notes written by Teresa Schaal
- President Renwick Brutus welcomed everyone and made announcements of upcoming events
- Jason Webb led us in song
- Kris Palosaari provided the invocation
- Leslee Fritz introduced guests
- James Eliasson talked about volunteer opportunities for Club members
- Ed Swart, District Governor of District 6290, was introduced and spoke to the Club. His key points were:
- Rotarians are people of action
- New members = lost members; RETENTION is key!
- Make ups are no longer required to be a Rotarian; attendance isn’t even taken!
- Some Clubs aren’t meeting every week; Rotary needs to be flexible in order to stay relevant
- Rotarians have a “mindset of service.” They exchange ideas and take action.
- Rotarians are “leaders of leaders.”
- Past President Jim White was presented with a “Major Donor Recognition” for his contributions to Rotary
- Gifts were given to our District Governor and his wife (a shirt for him; a Rotary murder mystery novel for her)
- Rotary benches, monument and bricks are now available to be seen at Ah-Nab-Awen-Park; 2 size of bricks for engraving are still available (see Dawn if interested)
- Next week the speaker is Metro Health CEO Mike Faas; the following week we will not be meeting as it will be Thanksgiving